Terms & Conditions
And the small print goes...
(1) Wildurb.at is a community platform for adventurous city folk, operated by Rittberger + Knapp OG. Any user may comment on any track (description of a route navigable on foot) and any editorial contribution. These terms and conditions of use set out the policies and rules of behaviour that every user participating in the Wildurb community platform must observe.
(2) These terms and conditions of use apply exclusively to any person, who publishes content (postings) of any kind whatsoever on the community platform Wildurb.at. By accepting the terms and conditions of use during registration, the user assumes the obligations defined here. They are notified that these terms and conditions of use are in force before every post, whereby a link to this text is provided in an appropriate location. The terms and conditions of use apply in the current formulation, which can be ascertained via the link. By publishing content and/or posting, the user concerned accepts the applicability of the ‘Wildurb Terms and Conditions of Use’ in the current formulation.
(3) It is a policy, that the content (postings), published on the Wildurb.at community platform, must not break applicable laws or go against our policy of tolerance and humanity. Insulting and/or disparaging attacks against other people and/or groups, defamatory comments and/or comments injurious to reputation or business, pornography, dehumanising contributions and/or contributions that offend public decency are specifically forbidden. It is also forbidden to join persons or groups and/or advertise for groups, when these persons or groups obviously go against the basic principles of the law. It is also forbidden to promote and/or advertise activities which are against the law, and/or, to distribute content that promotes violence. The prevention or disturbance of other users reasonable exchange of thought and information and/or their free expression of opinions is also prohibited. These rules and regulations also apply to content which can be reached via links created by the users.
(4) Content must also be relevant to the particular topic – which means, usually to the route being commented on. The activation of individual user's route descriptions is done by the editorial team, which can therefore lead to delays in publication. User comments below individual routes, will usually be activated immediately. Descriptions and comments should be in either German or English. In selecting a user name, the use of false identities and/or the use of other user's names is forbidden.
(5) The copyright for individual items of content, so far as this is capable of being protected, remains with the individual creator. In publishing content on the Wildurb.at community platform, you transfer to Rittberger + Knapp OG, the right to store this content, without time limit, on the Wildurb.at community platform, and make it publicly available. The user is not entitled to any compensation for transferring these rights.
(6) When the rights of third parties are connected to the content, for example copyright on images or text, the person publishing the content, guarantees that they have all the necessary rights of the third party to publish the content on the Wildurb.at community platform. If Rittberger + Knapp OG should suffer any disadvantage from infringement of this guarantee, the infringer shall, concerning this matter, fully indemnify and hold harmless Rittberger + Knapp OG.
(7) The use of the Wildurb.at community platform for the user's own commercial advantage is not allowed. Further, multiple posting is forbidden, and it is also not allowed to publish the user's own, or other's personal details, such as name, address, telephone number etc. Junk mail, spam, chain letters and other content of an advertising nature, are also not allowed. The flooding of a discussion on a track with a large number of contributions, whereby the discussion becomes unreadable for other users, is also forbidden.
(8) The editorial team reserves the right to delete and/or not publish any content that infringes these terms and conditions of use.
URBWALKER TERMS & CONDITIONS OF USE
(1) ‘UrbWalker’ is an application, which is part of Wildurb, and is operated by Rittberger + Knapp OG, that allows users of the application to record, store and publish the number and position of their steps. The recording and storage of steps taken is done via customer equipment (smartphones) using a dedicated ‘app’ that must be installed (the ‘UrbWalker-App’), the publishing of the collected and stored data is done via web application.
(2) By accepting these terms and conditions of use, the users of this application authorise Rittberger + Knapp OG to provide all the services described in general in (1) above, and in detail in the following clauses. The acceptance of these terms and conditions of use is also a requirement for use of ‘UrbWalker’ and the ‘UrbWalker-App’.
(3) In view of data protection law, Datenschutzgesetz (DSG), but also telecommunications law, Telekommunikationsgesetz (TKG), it is explicitly stated that it is the express wish of the users of this application that their steps and location will be recorded, stored and published. A concrete incentive for the users of Urbwalker will be created, to walk more and in this way conserve the environment. This incentive will be emphasised via an element of play, allowing the users to compare their data with other users, create teams and enter into ‘competitions’ with each other.
(4) The recording of the number of steps: On activation on their smartphone, the UrbWalker-App starts to count the steps taken by the user in question. This includes only steps taken in the open air, outside buildings, and where a quick tempo is not exceeded. The steps are also called ‘steps’ within the application.
(5) The localisation of steps: The user in question can create and store an image of the route covered along with the number of steps, by activating both the UrbWalker-App and the GPS positioning system on their smartphone. The steps which have been localised in this way and/or those as a result of the route covered are also called ‘tracks’ within the application.
(6) Additional data: The application also enables actual physical locations to be recorded and stored (for example, a company's address), rewards for completing special challenges and team building.
(7) The users of the UrbWalker-App may transfer (upload) their data (tracks, steps and additional data) to one (or more) web applications. More information, about which web applications are currently included, is available at ‘www.wildurb.at’. Via these web applications the user may decide, using the user settings, whether their data, in its entirety, is given private or published status.
(8) Only those users who uploaded the private status data may view this data, as well as – if necessary for technical reasons – the UrbWalker system administrator concerned. All UrbWalker users may view public status data.
(9) A user by giving a public status to the data (tracks, steps and additional data) they upload to the web application, via settings chosen in the user settings, agrees that the data they uploaded may be viewed by the users of UrbWalker. By accepting these terms and conditions of use, all users mutually undertake not to make this data available to view, and/or not to transfer this data to people who are not UrbWalker users. Rittberger + Knapp OG accepts no liability for all their users complying with their obligations, as outlined in this clause, or data (tracks, steps and additional data) being viewed or distributed due to the intervention of third parties. The provisions of clause (11) below, remain unaffected by this restriction of liability however.
(10) Acceptance of the terms and conditions of use, as set out in clause (9), can be withdrawn at any time. Every user has therefore, the option to change their decision in the user settings of the web application, about whether the data in its entirety is given a private or public status. The user has the further option of completely deleting individual tracks.
(11) Rittberger + Knapp OG complies with all legal standards pertaining to this application, especially clause 14 of the DSG (Datensicherheitsmaßnahmen) on data protection and clause 15 of the DSG (Datengeheimnis) on data confidentiality.
(12) Users, who break the law or do not observe these terms and conditions of use, will immediately be banned as a user by a system administrator, and will therefore have no further access to the UrbWalker web application.
(13) Use of the UrbWalker web application is free of charge. A fee for download of the UrbWalker app is charged as displayed in the app store concerned.
(14) Rittberger + Knapp OG accepts no liability for any pure economic loss, secondary losses or loss or earnings. Liability will only apply moreover, if the organs or persons assisting in the performance of obligations of Rittberger + Knapp OG cause such damage due to malice aforethought or gross misconduct. Due to the character of the internet, no guarantee of availability and/or service quality can be given in relation to the web application.
(15) A guarantee and the resulting compensation exists only for explicitly stipulated application features, and only on the provision of evidence that the defect or damage lies in an error in the part of the application programmed at the behest of Rittberger + Knapp OG. Rittberger + Knapp OG accepts no liability for the services provided by third parties (such as the manufacturers or distributors of smartphones, or the operators of web applications such as facebook or twitter). Persons assisting in the performance of obligations of Rittberger + Knapp OG are only those organisations or persons which have provided programming services for the application.
(16) The users are to carefully protect their login details, to prevent misuse. On transgression of this or any other obligation according to these terms and conditions of use, the user concerned is to fully indemnify and hold harmless Rittberger + Knapp OG.